The cold nights of the winter call for dinner menus that include comforting foods to lift your spirits. Pick something deliciously indulgent from this list of winter comfort foods and add it to your meal plan for the week or have it for dinner tonight.
Comforting Pasta Dishes
Pasta dishes are some of the most filling dishes you can make on a winter night. Plus they’re usually simple to make. You can get dinner on the table fast with these easy Italian inspired dishes.
- Spag Bol: Spaghetti Bolognese — one of the easiest pasta dishes to make, this recipe is packed with Italian flavors and is ready in only 30 minutes. Check out the full recipe here.
- Lasagna: This recipe is a little bit of a cheat. It has the ooey, gooey, goodness of a traditional pan of lasagna, but it’s packed with nutrient rich veggies.
- Mac n cheese: Macaroni and cheese is a wonderfully simplistic dish. It’s super easy to make and you can dress it up with as many of your favorite flavors as you like. This recipe adds bacon but you can also try this chicken mac n cheese, or give this veggie mac a taste.
Comfort in a Bowl
There something about sitting down to a big, warm bowl of something yummy that just makes you feel nice and cozy. So, here are a few recipes for comfort in a bowl.
- French Onion Soup: Cold days demand hot soup and this French onion soup is the perfect solution. Eat it by itself or pair it with this French dip sandwich.
- Chili: Chili is the quintessential winter comfort food, so if you don’t have a go-to chili recipe already, try this one.
- Stew and Dumplings: A pot of hearty beef and veggie stew will warm you up as soon as you taste the first spoonful.
You might also like: Care For Your Dog This Winter
Comforting Sweet Treats
After you’ve had a scrumptious dinner, top it off with something sweet.
- Apple Crumble: soft, baked apples with crisp crumbles and a scoop of ice cream. Yum.
- Brownies: Chocolate is the cure for the winter blues. Bake a pan of these chocolate fudge brownies to chase the gloom away.
- Hot Chocolate: Snuggle up in front of the fire with a good book and the mug of this delicious hot chocolate.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.